The Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association exists to unify the Buffalo Niagara craft beer community in order to increase regional sales of craft beer through promotions, marketing, public awareness, consumer education, and to monitor and assure a thriving craft beer and brewing industry within the region.
The Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association formed in 2013 as a 501.c.6 trade association during a renaissance in our region’s craft brewing industry that has seen the rebirth of breweries, brewpubs, beer gardens, barley growing, hopyards, and malt houses. Our goal is to restore and preserve Buffalo Niagara’s brewing heritage and to position our region for achieving world class status as a craft beer destination.
The Association achieves this by:
- Building and maintaining a Buffalo Niagara Beer Trail
- Organizing and hosting prominent craft beer events, such as: Buffalo Beer Week, Buffalo Brewers Fest, Farm to Pint Week, Buffalo Brewers Invitational, and the Canadian American Beer Festival (Can Am)
- Building a base of enthusiast support via our club Buffalo Beer League
- Partnering with our industry counterparts on the Niagara Peninsula to present a complete tourist view of our bi-national brewing region
- Educating the public & tourists about Buffalo Niagara craft beer.
- Advocating for the Buffalo Niagara craft beer industry in city & regional government.
- Partnering with local retailers, food, beverage, hospitality, and agricultural industries
- Growing our enthusiast membership base (i.e. beer tourists, festival attendees & tap-room customers)
- Partnering with international (Ontario), state (NY), and local (WNY) organizations who are willing and able to help the BNBA achieve it’s broad goals.
Board of Directors
- Tim Herzog, BNBA Co-Founder & President — Flying Bison Brewing Company
- John Cimperman, BNBA Marketing Committee founder 42 North Brewing Company
- Scott Donovan, BNBA Treasurer – Black Bird Cider Works
- Paul Alessi (F2P Program Chair) – Head Brewer at Five & 20 Spirits and Brewing
- Joe Marshall, BNBA Secretary – Co-Owner Lilly Belle Meads
- Ted Hawley — New York Craft Malt, President
- Jeff Ware, Resurgence Brewing Company, President
- Peter Krieinheder, Ellicottville Brewing Company, President
- Dan Syracuse, (Retail Committee) Pizza Plant Founder
- Daryl Howe, (Retail Committee), Aurora Brew Works President and Founder
- Scott McMillan, Buffalo Beer League
- Jaye Beattie, (Membership Chair) founder/owner Four Mile Brewing Company
- Kelly Krupski, (Brewers Invitational Chair) owner of NYBP
- Willard Brooks, BNBA Founder & Past President (beginning May 8th), BNBA Events Co-Chair, Canadian American Beer Festival chair.
- Erik Coleman, Ex-Officio BNBA Events Co-Chair — Beer by Coleman, Founder
- Clint Perez, Ex-Officio BNBA Marketing Co-Chair — Director at Neustar, Inc., Marketing and Business Development Consultant at Perez Marketing Consulting
- Scott Panfil, Ex-Officio BNBA Membership Chair & Beer Week Traffic Cop