Are you a sour beer lover? Then today is the day for you, and your taste buds perhaps more importantly. In honor of Sour Beer Day, you can enjoy a wide array of all things sour – from sessions and fruited to Sour IPAs and barrel aged – Mr. Goodbar and Coles (5pm) have what you desire. The unique event is free to attend; all you have to do is show up and drink some of the sour stuff.
Both Goodbar and Coles will have dozens of tart treats on draft and in bottles and cans. Here is the latest, up-to-date beer list for both venues. Keep in mind that this beer list is tentative and subject to change. There may also be some additional beers available that are not listed here.
Goodbar will also have their free Happy Hour buffet at 6pm and again at 7:30pm, featuring wings, a vegetable platter and more.
– Grimm Super Shine Gose
– Gun Hill City Island Gose
– Discord Disconnected Sour IPA
– Mikkeller Guava Mikkellerita Sour IPA
– Almanac Cherry Sournova (Aged in oak barrels with cherries and vanilla beans)
– Springdale Remarkablend Flanders Red (30% Belgian Red Ale aged in sherry casks, 22% Gold Lager with strawberry juice refermented in bourbon barrels, 48% Gold Lager with strawberry juice refermented in red wine barrels)
– Collective Arts Jam Up the Mash
– Dogfish Head SuperEIGHT Gose
– DESTIHL Synchopathic
– DuClaw My, My, My Key Lime Pie Sour IPA
– Perennial Prism Farmhouse Ale
– Petrus Aged Red
– Three Heads Blackberry Gose (cask)
– Brooklyn Bel Air Sour
– DESTIHL Blueberry Gose
– Dogfish Head Sequench Ale
– Duchesse De Bourgogne Flanders Red
– Prairie Pink Guava Funk
– Stillwater Insetto
– Two Roads Persian Lime Gose
– To Øl Marmelade
– Ritterguts Gose Urgose Märzen
– Anchorage Anadrommous Black Sour
– Sixpoint Firecracker Sour IPA
– Thin Man Minkey Boodle
– Duclaw Purple Passion Gose
– K2 Brothers Mango/Peach/Lime Milkshake IPA
– Troegs Raspberry Tart Ale
– Crooked Stave
– Bells II : The Prairie-Grass Dividing (Leaves of Grass Series) Gose
For more information on Fruity Funky Friday, visit their Facebook event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/505387493579646/.
Keep it locked to www.buffalobeerweek.com for more daily blog posts regarding all of the beers, all of the events and all of the happenings going on throughout Buffalo Beer Week. To see all the events that are happening over the next 10 days and to read the official Buffalo Beer Week book, visit http://www.buffalobeerweek.com. The theme this year is ‘ten years of craft beer.’ For more information, please visit Buffaloniagarabrewersassociation.org and Facebook.com/BuffaloNiagaraBrewersAssociation.
Brian Campbell is a co-founder/Brand Manager of the BNBA’s enthusiast arm, Buffalo Beer League, and writes the weekly Buffalo Beer Buzz column for Step Out Buffalo. If you have beer news that should be included in the Beer Buzz, Brian can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, on Twitter (@buffbeerleague), Instagram (@buffalobeerleague) and Facebook (@thebuffalobeerleague).