This Sunday, the collective minds of the Western New York brewing scene will come together to showcase their true brewing acumen at the fourth annual Buffalo Niagara Brewers Invitational, which takes place January 26 (2pm) at New York Beer Project. Limited tickets remain ($45) and include a commemorative festival tasting glass, food voucher, and access to over 50 brews.
The Brewer’s Invitational brings together the best and the brightest of our local beer scene for a memorable event featuring a memorable beer list. From New England IPA’s, Milkshake IPA’s and Pastry Stouts to all things Barrel Aged, sours and everything in-between, chances are the Brewers Invitational offers something to properly wet your whistle. Representatives from each brewery will be in attendance, so you’ll also have a chance to chat with the people who brewed the beer in your glass.
The beer list has been announced, including standout sounding offerings like Big Ditch Sour Peach IPA, Five & 20 Port Wine Barrel Aged Barleywine, Four Mile Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout, Pressure Drop Rum Barrel Aged Blackalicious Imperial Stout, Ellicottville Trippin’ Bogs Belgian Tripel and New York Beer Project Whiskey Barrel Aged Barleywine.
- 12 Gates Brewing: Fire Emoji New England IPA, Danger Zone Imperial Stout
- Big Ditch Brewing: Sour Peach IPA, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Porter
- Blackbird Cider Works: Bourbon Barrel Aged Buffalo Bluegrass, White Hurricane Gin Barrel Aged
- Brickyard Brewing Company: White Bronco NEIPA, BBC Schwarzbier
- Community Beer Works: Dude Incredible Sour Stout, Bang a ‘Uey NEIPA
- Eli Fish Brewing: Champagne Guapi Red, Chasing Moonlight Milk Stout
- Ellicottville Brewing: St. Jacobs Imperial Barrel Aged Stout, Trippin Bogs Belgian Tripel
- Five and 20 Spirits & Brewing: Tiramisu Stout, Barrelywine (Barleywine Aged in Port Wine Barrels)
- Flying Bison: Bison Seltzer
- Four Mile Brewing: Allegewi Double IPA, Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout
- Lilly Belle Meads: Bee Lo (Honey fermented mead with Belgian Ale yeast), Humble Braggot Belgian Stout
- New York Beer Project: Barrel Aged Sour Blend with 2 Brett Strains, Barleywine Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels
- Old First Ward Brewing: Imperial Hefeweizen
- One Eyed Cat Brewing: The Queen’s Pajamas ESB, Drunken Goliath Belgian Dubbel
- Pearl Street Brewery / Lafayette Brewing: Grapefruit Terminator IPA
- Pressure Drop Brewing: You Got To Chill IPL, Rum Barrel Aged Blackilicious
- Resurgence Brewing: R&D Double IPA, Lactose Fruited Sour
- Rusty Nickel Brewing: Kentucky Common, Imperial Hefeweizen
- Southern Tier Brewing: 3X IPA, Cherry Crush Sour
- West Shore Brewing: Chocolate Stout, West Shore Double IPA
- Woodcock Brewing: BRAND NEW New England IPA, Stiff Mitten Spiced Winter Ale
- Windy Brew: Muddy Russian Imperial Stout, Backroom IPA
Brian Campbell is a co-founder/Brand Manager of the BNBA’s enthusiast arm, Buffalo Beer League, and writes the weekly Buffalo Beer Buzz column. If you have beer news that should be included in the Beer Buzz, Brian can be reached at email@example.com, on Twitter (@buffbeerleague), Instagram (@buffalobeerleague), Facebook (@thebuffalobeerleague) and www.buffalobeerleague.com.